5/31/09

An Unscheduled Doctor's Visit

As I mentioned in my previous posting (Road Trip), Cameron was a mess in the hotel at night while in Alabama. Being first time parents Jante' and I were not sure what was going - so of course we took him to the doctor (can never be too careful). The doctor just laughed. He said it could have been anything, sleeping in a bed with us, new smells, new environment, etc. but that there was nothing for us to worry about. He also mentioned that sometimes between weeks 6-12 babies start these "fussy" phases because they are going through a growth spurt. Once we were back home things were much better. He is still fussy when it's time to eat but nothing like he was in the hotel. We don't have any "hotel stays" scheduled anytime soon so let’s hope he is much better by the time we go back for his christening. The other thing we found out during the doctor's visit was Cameron is now 10 lbs!!!!!!! It’s funny because I questioned my girlfriend Rhasheda as to what she was feeding her son because he was 14lbs at 4 months but looks like Cameron is well on his way there too. We asked the doc about this and he said not to worry, Cameron is in the 49th percentile and his weight gain should slow down over the next couple of months. He said even it he gets bigger than he should for his age (the first 6 months) he will thin out as he gets older and longer. Cubby or not, he is TOO cute! Check out shots of Cam over the past week.
These folks love kissing me, first Mommy now Daddy
I think I look like Mommy
Daddy, ENOUGH!!!!
Okay, I changed my mind, I look like Daddy

Welcome Family and Friends

This Blog is dedicated to all of our Friends and Family who have been there for us through this 9+ month process. We are so excited to share little Cameron's progress with you. We ask that you check back on a regular basis for updates. Thanks for all of the prayers!! We love you.
Kim and Jante'