4/19/11

And He's 2!

The BIG day finally arrived. April 15th, 2011 - Cameron's 2nd Bday. The day started with breakfast as a family and I took Cameron off to school for his 1st party. He had a "friend" who was born on the 16th so he celebrated with us. They had a BLAST - cupcakes for everyone. I was surprised cause these kids can EAT. I mean several of them had 2 cupcakes - REALLY. I told one of the parents - I was glad they were staying at the school - the teachers could deal with them running around on a sugar high (LOL)!
Because I had TONS to do before the party I took the rest of the day to head to Nana's house and start my prep. I mentioned to several of you that I was nervous because Ken Cook (the weather man) was calling for THUNDERSTORMS and because I didn't have a plan "B" for the party I didn't know what I would do if it did rain. Well our prayers were answered! It STORMED Friday night and by 7am on Saturday morning it was clear skies! We got the decor finished was ready for the festivities.
A great time was had by all. From the Jumpy to Jay the Balloon guy the kids were extremely entertained. Even the adults were going crazy over the balloons that were being made (I have several pictures that are not posted below of the adults standing in the line for their balloon - this was a funny site).
I have to say all of Mommy and Daddy's planning paid off. The theme was great and I was able to find several items online (either Etsy, Oriental Trading, Celebrate Express and Amazon) that went over really well. Similar to last year we had different "stations" to help direct guest. At the Fuel Station (food) we went with "Fire Engine Hot Dogs" (we rented one of those hot dog grilling machines) and FireHouse Subs. In addition to the BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS strawberry and key lime cake we had an Ic Cream Bar at the Cooling Station. Guest could choose what toppings they wanted on their ice cream. I found some mi nature fireman hats that we used as the ice cream bowls - too cute! We also had to do our Prize Table again (this was a BIG hit last year). Kids could collect tickets for winning games and exchange those tickets in for prizes. This year because because we are just a week away from Easter we decided to do 3 Top prizes, one "Girls" basket, a "Boys" basket and the Golden Egg. All I can say is WOW - what a hit. Congratulations to the kids who won!
A special thanks to all of our family and friends that made it out to celebrate Cameron's big day. He had a BLAST. Looking forward to seeing you next year!

Welcome Family and Friends

This Blog is dedicated to all of our Friends and Family who have been there for us through this 9+ month process. We are so excited to share little Cameron's progress with you. We ask that you check back on a regular basis for updates. Thanks for all of the prayers!! We love you.
Kim and Jante'