1/16/10

Cameron is 9 Months Old!

Wow, I can't believe it!! Cameron is now 9 months old. He had his 9 month check up with Dr. Cook and it went extremely well. He weighed in at 20 lbs,2 oz and is 28 1/2 inches long. She said he looks great and he is progressing along exactly as he should be. Cameron was extra "flirty" this time with Dr. Cook and she was eating it up! She spent more time with us during this visit just so she could see him laugh and giggle at her. I told Cameron to keep the flirting to a minimum - All his kisses and the laughing belong to me! To celebrate I made Cameron some Red Velvet cupcakes (well okay, they were really for me). I let him taste the icing this time - I think he liked it! After visiting with her I am now more comfortable with starting to integrate more solids and table foods into Cameron's diet. Don't get me wrong, no hot dogs and crazy junk food for him right now but I believe a little "real" sweet potatoes and maybe a french fry every now and then will be okay. It's interesting because when Jante' and I eat dinner at night he sits there and watches us like "Can I have some PLEASE"! She suggested having him sit at the table with us and give him something he can feed himself so he feels "included" in the nightly dinner routine. I will keep you posted on how that goes. We are looking forward to these last few months before his 1st birthday. He is getting more and more mobile. Still doing the army crawl but he is FAST with it. He's starting to pull up on his own and getting more and more independent. I am sad that one day soon he is not even going to want me to hold him. I will be sick when that day comes. So right now I am going to soak it up and spoil him rotten!

Welcome Family and Friends

This Blog is dedicated to all of our Friends and Family who have been there for us through this 9+ month process. We are so excited to share little Cameron's progress with you. We ask that you check back on a regular basis for updates. Thanks for all of the prayers!! We love you.
Kim and Jante'