4/17/10

Cameron's 1st Birthday Carnival Bash!!

Fasten your seat belts.....you are about to see all the hard work and planning that went into Cameron's First Birthday Carnival Bash. I apologize in advance for the longer than normal post but I wanted to be able to share all the pictures and work that went into this great Birthday Bash! I really have become one of those parents - the ones that spend months of planning and TOO much $$ to mention on her child's birthday parties. But it was ALL worth it. The party turned out FANTASTIC! We had so many friends and family join us - Great Weather, Great Friends and Great Fun!
Back in November Jante' and I started to talk about what we wanted to do for Cameron's first birthday. We talked about themes and decided on a Circus theme. We knew we would have the party in GA but with this "Circus" theme we didn't know where we would have it. Because I love to scrapbook and make cards I was dead set on doing the invitations but after some research I found a lady (on etsy.com) that had the cutest hand crafted Circus invitations. So I put things into motion. Then about a week or so later we started to rethink our theme. We decided that a Carnival theme would be better than a Circus theme because we could do the whole, cotton candy, popcorn, clown and games like you would find at a Carnival. I found the cutest Carnival themed napkins, cups, etc on orientaltrading.com and we were back in business. But then I realized I was in a tizzy - I had a lady working on Circus invitations for a Carnival party! No worries, she recommended another lady (again from etsy.com) that could take my napkins and create an invitation! I was SOLD! We were back in business. I then found a Cake shop that could take my napkins and duplicate a cake and smash cake to match. My sister in law Renee' went to do a tasting at the shop and loved it. All that was left was for Jante' and I to come up with fun ways to make this party as fun as possible. We decided on game stations where kids could earn tickets (see the Cameron's One tickets) to exchange for prizes at the Red Ticket Tables. In addition to the prizes the kids could exchange their tickets for popcorn, cotton candy and regular candy. We found personalized confetti and balloons at Party City (too cute) and used them on the tables along with framed pictures of Cameron. Since we had 6 tables I framed 12 pictures (one from each month of Cameron's life) and had 2 pictures on each table. The centerpieces were popcorn boxes with candy in them. Here are pics of the party and the cute ideas.
The Cute Napkins (that started it all!)
The Invitations
The Address Labels
The Invitation Seals
"Camerons One" tickets for the Red Ticket Table
Water Bottle Labels
Water Bottle
Candy Labels/Cameron Confetti
Favor Box Thank Yous
The Party!!!

I personally want to Thank all the folks that helped me make this party a hit (Tonya, Renee, Michelle, Tiffany and Aliki especially). Also the makers of Photoshop - the best ever! And last but not least a special Thanks to my Hubby - who honestly put more time and effort into this than I could have ever imagined. You're the best! Now we can get to planning for Birthday Bash #2!

Welcome Family and Friends

This Blog is dedicated to all of our Friends and Family who have been there for us through this 9+ month process. We are so excited to share little Cameron's progress with you. We ask that you check back on a regular basis for updates. Thanks for all of the prayers!! We love you.
Kim and Jante'